Thursday, August 11, 2011

Blog-o-rama: Blogging from a blogging conference

I'm here, I'm at my first blogging conference. It is just like going to college for the first time, but I don't have to worry about liking my roommate. I already have one that cries himself to sleep, wanders around like a drunken man because he's a todder and keeps me up at night - like last night! - and is the reason I missed the first session this AM.

I'm at BlogIndiana 2011, you might see some tweets if you follow me on Twitter. Technically I'm here for work, but since this is my hobby blog I thought I might get some tips. I'll be sure to share anything that I think will be useful, and add it to the Blogging 101 page. I've quickly learned that the Blogger vs. Wordpress debate goes far beyond the digital scrapbooking world!

I am crazy nervous being here - and it's weird. Am I here for work? Am I here for my personal stuff? How do I answer that question?

One of the big themes is how social media brings people together. I think about all of you that read my blog - some of you know me IRL, some of you are my hookers (so funny I can use that in context! LOL), some, and probably most, I've 'met' through digital scrapbooking. Big hugs to all my blog readers! I'd love to know how you found me - leave me a comment and let me know where you come from.

PS - these people are REALLY funny. Be watching for a twitter list of some of these tweeps that will add something to your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment