Sunday, August 7, 2011

Recovery Time

Phew! The recovery from this SpeedFest is taking a bit longer than normal. I'm not sure if it's the fact that I've crossed the 35-year threshold or if I have a two-year old or both but it's been a whirlwind month. I'm hoping August brings us some time at home and some time to renew as a family.

Hubs is still catching up on sleep, so I've had some scrapping time in the evening. I've got to work with some really fun stuff over the last week. I ran across a post either on Facebook or in my Google Reader about scrapping when you can. It suggested working on multiple projects at once, such as picking photos and matching with a template, maybe working on journaling when you have just a few moments, adding elements onto a page and arranging them later, and on and on. Since I've implemented some of these techniques, my scrapping is going faster and I'm enjoying it even more. Check out how much I got done in the last two weeks - in about 2/3rds of the time.




CREDITS: Cookie Cutters by SuzyQ Scraps, Stitch Hiccups #3 by SuzyQ Scraps, and Freshly Baked by SuzyQ Scraps and Captivated Visions

I was also featured on Suzy's blog this week on August 3rd, with my layout that I did with Pumpkin Patch. That kit is on sale through August 10th as part of the Spin-Off feature - link me up if you've used that kit before, I'd love to see it!

Lastly, I spent some time today mapping out my 2010 Disney Album. It's going to be 53 pages! I cannot believe it. I had hoped I could do 20 or so layouts, I can't believe that in just six days - only two in the parks! - I have this many layouts. Of those 53, I only have 12 left to create. I finally ordered from Creative Memories, I got the royal blue 8x8 album with the side loading pages on the recommendation of Corie with Pixels and Pix. I'm hoping to start uploading layouts to print this week and then I can full on obsess about our fall trip. This work thing is cutting into my Disney planning! I did finish up the other itinerary page as well this week (note blurred faces and names for privacy):


CREDITS: {Stash Builders} Project 365 Date Stamps 2 by SuzyQ Scraps, Land of Learning {Grid Solids} by SuzyQ Scraps and Land of Learning {Doodled Paper Alphas} by SuzyQ Scraps

I haven't forgot about project three.six.five, I'm just a bit sleepy. I'll have it out soon. I also scrapped one other layout, but it's for the Telephone Challenge over at MouseScrappers and it won't be posted until everyone gets done. I've never done one, but I'm so excited to see how it all plays out. Stay tuned this week, I should be linking up to a post about Baby Connor's 2nd birthday and the success of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake! The cupcakes were even cuter.

No comments:

Post a Comment