Saturday, August 27, 2011

On the QT!

This week was a doozy. The Hubs made it back in town, but he is in prep mode for the BIGGEST week of the year for his work, the upcoming Mac Tools NHRA U.S. Nationals. The largest drag race in the world takes place over Labor Day Weekend right here, and it's a flurry of test sessions, media interviews, open houses, awards dinners and of course, races. At my work we've had a GREAT week - I'm getting to hire some additional help for our teeny tiny staff and we are also expanding our offices and I will be moving upstairs by the end of the year. I'm definately going to need to start scrapping some decorations soon!

The MOST exciting #digiscrap news E-V-E-R came last weekend, when the super-awesome Suzy Q asked me to be part of her permanent Creative Team. I've enjoyed my summer guest spot so much, I was thrilled and honored to say yes. Good news for you all - more awesome SuzyQ Scraps layouts to browse! Now that I'm on the QT I've seen some of the stuff she has in the works for the fall and it is not to be missed! I'm so excited to be promoting her products because her goals align with mine. If you know me from work, you know how I feel about mission statements, visions and strategic plans. Trust me when I say Suzy has it together. She's got a plan to help scrappers express their creativity and share their stories, and I'm pleased to go on this journey with her and with you!

I did get a very tiny bit of scrapping time in this week finishing up my commitments for the summer team. I was so, so lucky to be with a great group of women who taught me so much. This week I finished up with two alpha assignments:

CREDITS: Peppermint Alpha and A Life Expressed...{Simply) both by SuzyQ Scraps. Template by Fiddle Dee Dee Designs - Fuss Free: Pennies From Heaven. Font is Follow You Into the World, and this was done for the Scrap Orchard What the Font? Challenge.

CREDITS: {Stash Builders} Kraft Alpha, {Stash-Builders} Project 365 Date Stamps 1 and Bug Collectin' all by SuzyQ Scraps. Template by Little Green Frog Designs.

I also got around to updating my header. This blog has evolved into more storytelling and layout sharing than designing, so there is no need to have a header with my design logo. I still plan for freebies here and there and some freebie roundups, but it turns out my other comittments don't allow for a lot of designing time. I'm still working in some scrapping time, but it's easier to put down and come back. And isn't that why we all LOVE to #digiscrap?

No comments:

Post a Comment