Saturday, July 16, 2011

I want to blog...really I do!

I have a list on my desktop of topics I want to blog about. I have stories to tell, layouts to show and Disney trips to plan! At the end of the day, I still work full time, mommy full time and now help take care of my husband's grandpa almost full time. Bear with me as I get into a routine, we'll get there. I hope you enjoy following along my little space of the blog-o-sphere, and we can all learn to navigate it together.

Over the last 10 days or so I have had some quiet time to do a layout here and there. This is probably my fave of the week:


I had to get my oil changed this week. It was no longer a suggestion by my vehicle, it was an all out barrage of blips, beeps and flashing CHANGE OIL NOW that I can't turn off until it's done. So off to Dugan Chevrolet I went. I was going to be there a bit I assumed, so I took my laptop with me. I rolled into the Quick Lube, and turns out it was also time for my 10,000 mile check up so I needed tires rotated and balanced as well. (I'm pretty hard on the tires, my last car had three sets in five years...) 35 minutes of waiting time awaited!

Dugan is not your average car dealership. The waiting room is like a spa to me. They have nice high top tables with chairs with appropriate sized backs, one TV at a volume level that appeared to be acceptable to all, a plethora of electrical outlets AND free wi-fi! It was my own mini-retreat. I got set up and ready to scrap. I even had to document my 'downtime'.



Those 35 minutes flew by and soon my service guy came to get me. I even got a complimentary car wash, so they must have seen how happy I was in the waiting room! He patiently waited for me to pack up the scrap stash and off I went. If you see me hanging out at the car dealership sometime soon, I must need some alone time.

It did get me thinking however. In just 35 minutes I could feel tension being relieved, worries and fears being calmed and just a general sense of balance. I guess I needed to realize that taking a break doesn't have to be a week long trip, a weekend getaway or even an afternoon shopping trip. It can be anywhere, for any length of time. I know I'll be looking forward to seeing my oil change light come on with much more enthusiasm in the future.

No Freebie Friday today, but we'll be back at it next week. August is just around the corner, and the next installment of three.six.five will be available soon. In the meantime here's a few more layouts from the week:

CREDITS: Pumpkin Patch by SuzyQ Scraps


CREDITS: Magical Vacation by Tracy Howard (retired) and Word Art by Britt-ish Designs. Templates by Denise.

1 comment:

  1. I love your layouts, Jaime! And I know exactly what you mean about wanting to blog. I, too, have a ton of things I want to post. Just finding the time (and energy) is a bit of a challenge lately. We all have lives outside the blogosphere, right?! :o) No sweat. We'll still follow along, whenever you get something posted. (And for what it's worth, I think you're getting a heck of a lot done as it is!)

    ReplyDelete