Thursday, July 28, 2011

I prefer the 1989 NKOTB

The other night I got the opportunity of a lifetime (depending on your grade-school crush era) to attend a concert here in the city in a SUITE! How exciting - and that concert was NKOTBSB, i.e. New Kids on the Block and the Back Street Boys. Oh, the memories!

This wasn't my first reunion with my first love Joey McIntyre, I went to Chicago back in 2008 when they first reunited. I skipped the outdoor show here in Indy in 2009 with I was 38w3d pregnant with Connor. I knew if I went, I'd end up on Good Morning America with Matt Laurer asking me which New Kid I was going to name my son after and well, I wasn't *that* big of a fan!

I don't know what happened between 2008 and 2011, but the magic wasn't the same. I did however revel in the absurdity that was NKOTBSB. I think my tweets from that night sums it up best:

Who's ready for in tonight? I am!! Starting early at Harry and Izzys. Much fancier than the Deer Creek days.

Hanging in the suite at Conseco with my from college, having a beer, ready for NKOTB. It doesn't get much better than this!!

Mr. Schuster rocking out to some Paul Simon Mrs. Robinson #sweet

And follows it up with Golddigger?

And the curtain drops!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hmmmm, that's a lot of screaming for 9 dudes all dressed alike. Not much different than 1988 in here!

Flat out absurdity! Love it.

Aaron Carter should invest in Spanx

AJ from BSB just did the running man!

I don't remember it being this dirty at 13 years old

That got weird at the end

Oops, it's Nick Carter, the older one. My bad.

So, it was fun, but nothing compared to our 2008 trip. I'm sure we were the screaming over excited 30-somethings 11 rows from the stage back then. It sure was fun to hang out with college buddy with fancy seats, a great view and fun times.


Who am I kidding? I'd go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment