Wednesday, July 20, 2011

More layout fun and a tid-bit about county fairs

It's hot here this week. I'm talking serious H-O-T hot. But, I'd rather be warm than cold so my complaining is slightly less loud than others. It's dangerous warm even after dinner so we can't go outside to play. There have been A LOT of Dance Star Mickey Marathons in the living room this week.

We did venture out Monday, to the County Fair. Are they a big deal where you are? They are a huge deal here in the midwest. Connor loved it, and the heat didn't phase him. There was cow kissing and pig petting, and he couldn't have been happier.

I wrote a whole post on my family blog here, that talks about our visit and has more info on Indiana county fairs and our state fair. It's a fun little read if you're looking for something to do in the heat!

I've been slowing down in my layout doing, but I'm still loving my time with SuzyQ Scraps and my visits at MouseScrappers. The next 10 days are the busiest of the year in our house with work and the big birthday party, so I'm hopeful I'll stay on track. I'm still counting down the days to Disney though!

Me & My Shadow: A Life Expressed...{Peacefully} and {Stash-Builders} Patterned Kraft 2 both by SuzyQ Scraps. Font is The Great Escape.

Halloween Turkey: Turkey-licious {the Kit} and Turkey-licious {the Word Art} both by SuzyQ Scraps.

Dreaming Disney: This was for a Fresh Fruit Challenge as part of the Iron Scrapper going on at Scrap Orchard. You were supposed to scrap what you do to relax, and for me that is thinking about our upcoming trip. I used Me Hearties the Mini-Kit by Ziggle Designs and Stitch Hiccups #1 by SuzyQ Scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment