Thursday, September 8, 2011

Life and Love

Sorry for the lack of updates or layouts, but I've been pretty occupied with the day job over the last two weeks. We made it through the U.S. Nationals at Lucas Oil Raceway as a family, and Connor loved his first trip to the track during a 'real' race. I have some fun photos to share over the next few days.

In other news, things starting to return to normal Monday night, then the text finally came from my boss, E, that his wife was succumbing to a lengthy battle with breast cancer. In just a few hours she was gone. I just returned from the visitation tonight and I'm so proud to call Hendricks County my home. I saw hundreds of people tonight, and I've taken over 100 phone calls in two days from people expressing their condolences. SS raised an amazing family, and spent over 40 years with her soul mate. I only hope I can be so fortunate in my years. Her kids - MB, KT, B and J are amazing. The inlaws and the grandkids also loved her beyond belief. I've heard of miracles, but I'm watching them unfold in front of me right now.

Please pray for this family in the coming weeks. They were so lucky to have SS in their life, and to share in her love. I'm grateful I got to know her over the last nine years.

Rest in Peace Sandy Sue. Your legacy will go far beyond tonight - and with generations to come. I hope you are up there sorting out these wild Brazil, Indiana connections right now - I'll need a detailed explanation when I get there. Say hi to my friends and family, and know that your love will continue on and on.

2 comments:

  1. I saw your e-mail yesterday, Jaime, and I was so sorry to hear this. I did not know Sandy, and I don't know E very well, but I am thinking about and praying for their family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Corie! It's been a rough week - I know they appreciate the prayers and the community support.

    ReplyDelete