Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Digital Scrapbooking 'challenges'

I'm enjoying my home at MouseScrappers, and I'm even branching out to ScrapMatters and Scrap Orchard again for some of the challenges. I realized that I do enjoy scrapping, and even if I don't do the challenge I may still be motivated by the idea.

I saw a post today from Band Geek Designs (I linked to it from Twitter) that outlines challenge programs at a number of store forums, including the Orchard and SM. Check out her recap here if you want to find other places to scrap that welcome your non-Disney photos.

Another challenge for me with digital scrapbooking is printing. I'll be honest, I've only printed about 10 layouts and they are the first 10 I ever created. I printed them at home on my Canon laser printer, but quickly realized that sucked the ink right out! I haven't printed any since, so I have three years worth of stuff. When I do go to print, I'll be using Persnickity Prints. They have a great Facebook page with tips and the occasional deal. I also recommend this post by Corie with Pixels and Pix designs for info on how she prints and organizes her layouts.

In other news I scrapped a layout for the weekly challenge at MouseScrappers that ends today. I think it's pretty cute...I never get to use pastels so I was glad to find some pics this kit would work with. I've had it awhile - I think I bought it when I was pregnant with Connor.



CREDITS: Template - Scrapping with Liz, Spring templates, Ziggle Designs – On the Go, Suzy Q Scraps – Yellow paper alpha from A Life Expressed Mega Alpha Stash. Fonts are Honey and Pea Picky Panda.

Journaling reads: We were so worried about how Connor would do with all the transportation options. Would he sit in the stroller? Would he be okay on the Monorail? Would he like the trams? Not only did we worry about him, we worried about us! Could we handle the stroller without freaking out? How much stuff would we forget? Would we have enough room for the diapers? What about food? Should we take snacks? As usual you proved pretty adaptable and all that worrying was for naught. You loved the tram and were content to take in the sights and sounds from your stroller when it was time. You can tell by the look on your face - so curious all the time! This was our last day of the 2010 trip, and by day two we felt like old pros. You showed us you know how to travel.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link love, Jaime! I posted my layout for your challenge on my blog. My goal tomorrow is to get it posted to your official gallery page! :o)

    Love the circle + cars/train/signs/etc. on this layout! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete